Now Play This 2020 – Open Call
Now Play This is returning to Somerset House from April 3rd – 5th as part of London Games Festival. Ahead of this year’s festival we’re once again opening up a call for playful makers and creators to tell us about their work.
The submission deadline for the open call will be midnight, 3rd February.
As a festival of experimental games and playful media we welcome the submission of games, installations, workshops, photography, films, performances or works in other mediums that directly connect to the subject of play. You can view festival line-ups from previous years here which will help provide an insight into the range of works we have showcased previously.
The theme for the festival this year is ‘breaking point’. We are looking for works which break or subvert rules or systems.
This might include games or works which…
– subvert, disassemble or break real world systems
– hack, remake, remix, modify existing games or works
– that foster creation through destruction or subversion
We are open to other interpretations of the theme, but do ask that you demonstrate clearly how work submitted connects to it.
To submit works please complete the open call form here.
If you have accessibility concerns regarding the form or the deadline please email email@example.com.
- We strongly welcome submissions from marginalised and underrepresented creatives within games and playful media.
- The festival pays a £75 honorarium for exhibited works and provides all hardware required for display (where applicable). We can also cover any additional expenses required to showcase work.
- Creators are not required to attend the festival for their work to be exhibited. If a work is dependent on your presence to be shown, e.g. a performance, then we will cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- We will respond to all submissions by late February. Due to the volume of submissions we receive we sadly cannot provide individual feedback.
If you have any other queries, comments or feedback then please email firstname.lastname@example.org