Welcome to our weekend of events running 6-7 April, for people with a particular interest in the processes and practice of making games.
A Makers’ Corner ticket is £25, and includes unlimited access to the Now Play This exhibition across 6-7 April; access to the Makers’ Corner dedicated space, with a selection of books and board games; plus:
Our new conference, “A Series of Interesting Decisions”
On Sunday 7 April from 11am-6pm, each of our speakers will discuss one of their projects, and look at the different decisions that went into creating it. Speakers include:
- Amy Godliman (speaking about “Doggerland Radio”)
- Grace Bruxner (“Frog Detective 2: The Case of the Invisible Wizard”)
- Hwa Young Jung (“Probationary: The Game of Life on Licence”)
- Kenechukwu Ogbuagu (Nibcard Games)
- Nikki Pugh (“Colony”)
- Robert Yang (“Macho Cam”)
- Tomo Kihara (“Is This Violence? Am I Too Sexy?”)
- We Throw Switches (cabinets for the recent V&A exhibition “Videogames: Design/Play/Disrupt”)
- Zach Gage (“Transit Meditation”)
and several more speakers to be announced.
Throughout the weekend there will be a series of scheduled games and workshops including:
- “Playing with Artificial Eyes”, an introduction to designing experimental games with AI by Tomo Kihara.
- “Biotic Game Design”, a workshop on hybrid bio-digital play from Raphael Kim
- “Oulipo and Intrusions: Games to Navigate Complexity”, a workshop from Abi Palmer
- The Mission: Occupy Mars, an in-development game from Exit Productions
- Nibcard Selection, an introduction to the varied board games of Nibcard Games by Kenechukwu Ogbuagu
- Shitpost Tarot, a game of drawing and prediction from Dámhín Mckeown and Gaby Aveiro-Ojeda
Bookings for workshops and games with limited space will be sent out in the week before the festival, and are available on a first-come first-served basis.